Sunday, December 31, 2017

I'm walking into 2018 with a clear heart and mind...

I'm "borrowing" this from my longtime friend Sharon - 

I've made a couple of modifications and made the message my own. I hope my friend doesn’t mind. For me, it says it all. I intend to honor these words, and more importantly, live by them each and every day of my life.

Over my lifetime, I've faced many challenges. I’ve met and defied death twice, I’ve achieved great things and through my professional career helped change the lives of many hundreds of people / families nationwide facing foreclosure, save and keep their homes. Of all my life’s accomplishments (so far) this is what I’m most proud of. I've also suffered my share of pain and failures like everyone else however, I never give or gave up. I never will!

2017 was by far the most challenging year of my life, and one that taught me how short, and truly precious life is. I lost people I sincerely loved and respected, and miss their “light” every day. I was diagnosed with a so called “incurable disease” that if untreated, could and would kill me, and it almost did. I am / was blessed to have good friends, family and colleagues that cared, kept me positive and strong in the darkest hours. I thank God for each and every one of you every day. Your strength, love, inspiration and encouragement helped me turn this around, beat this disease and get healthier and strong again. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart. I love you all.

I'm walking into 2018 with a clear heart and mind... 
If you owe me, don't worry about it - you're welcome...If you wronged me, it's all good - lesson learned.. .If you're angry with me, you've won - I let it go...If we aren't speaking, I’m sorry but, it’s cool, I will always wish you well...If you feel I've wronged you, I sincerely apologize - it wasn't intentional. I will endeavor to right those wrongs.

2017 taught me that life is too short, and precious for anger, holding grudges and extra stress or pain! Appreciate every day of life you’re given and NEVER take anything for granted as life can change in the blink of an eye. Be kind to all creatures. Love those who love you and especially those that don’t. Practice giving and forgiving, you’ll be a much happier person for it. Remember that no matter how “bad” you think your life is, there is someone or some creature far worse off and suffering in silence.

If you’ve been blessed with good fortune, reach back and help those who have not. We are all on this journey of life together. We are all one, the human race. We all eat, sleep, think, laugh, cry and dream. Collectively we can achieve anything we set out to accomplish.
Whomever you are, wherever you are, it all starts with you … Stay positive, stay focused, and always be the best you can possibly be.

I wish you all nothing but health, happiness, love, and success in 2018! Happy New Year!

Your "man in the mountains" 

Big Ed 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please DO NOT SPAM my blog with advertisements or useless back links as they will be deleted immediately! Thanks "Big Ed"