Saturday, July 13, 2013

The Passing of time ........

Slightly over a week ago I lost my last living Uncle to cancer ...

This was / is a hard loss for me as my Uncle Sandy was the last of my families elders to pass ..

Out of 10 Aunts / Uncles on my Father's side and 5 on my Mother's, Uncle Sandy was my Mother's youngest Brother, a first (U.S born) generation Scotsman, and the last living life line I had to that amazing generation who raised, inspired, mentored, and guided me through the formative years of my life ...

The elders of my family were all WWII (World War II ) generation people who lived / worked by an entirely different set of values then we see today .. To them, honor, respect, honesty, integrity and family values were more then just words .. they were a way of life.

Growing up among theses amazing people instilled their strong core values in me, and I am eternally grateful to each and every one of them for their wisdom, guidance, and mentoring - I am humbled and honored to have been in their company. Truly God was smiling on me the day he placed me in the care of these wonderful people ... their influence helped shape me in to the man I am today.

Due to the passing of time, we are losing "the greatest generation" at an alarming rate .. If you know anyone (Mother, Father, Grandparents, etc) from this era, please spend time with them, learn from them.. show them the love, honor and respect they genuinely deserve and have earned! The wisdom you can / will gain from these extraordinary people is a priceless treasure to be held in sacred trust-

My Uncle Sandy was laid to rest today but he, and all those who've gone before him will live on in my heart and mind until the day comes when God calls me to join them ....

Rest in peace Uncle Sandy. Thank you for being a strong, positive influence in my life ..more importantly, thank you for being my friend. I love you and will never forget you .. 
God's Speed Uncle .. I will miss you forever -

Alexander "Sandy" Hynds
July 14th 1940 ~ July 7th 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please DO NOT SPAM my blog with advertisements or useless back links as they will be deleted immediately! Thanks "Big Ed"